- Fixed: Y counter is not computed correctly when using clipping areas.
- Fixed random crash with points-cloud mode in Max 2015.
New features and changes:
- Added support for Max 2015.
- Conform to Surfaces.
- Enables segments to conform to the geometry of a surface, following the Z axis of the RailClone object.
- New type of object: Surface. Used to assign the surface object.
- Added Surface slot to Linear and Array generators.
- New Segment Parameter: "Deform>Align Y with Surface". Applicable only to L1S Generator, align the segment's Y axis with the surface's normal.
- Added Fixed Size for Segment and Transform nodes. If greater than zero, fixes the size of a segment.
- Added scale mode to the Fixed Size feature in Segment and Transform nodes.
- Added checkbox to enable "Fixed Size" in Transform operator.
- Added Corner>Bevel Corner for Linear and A2S Generators.
- Added Generator>Rules>Corner>BC Offset. Lets you to adjust the position of the Bevel Corner.
- Added Corner segment for Array Generators (Inner Corner slot).
- Added Corner>"Fillet Radius" and "Align to Path" properties to A2S Generator.
- Random node can use its own seed. If disabled, uses the global seed value.
- Improved instancing efficiency when using stepped segments.
- Added support of Vertex Alpha, and Vertex Illumination channels.
- "Display>Adaptative>Degrade to" changed to "Boxes" as default mode.
- Improved VRay render performance on many core machines.
- Added Evenly>Reverse for all generators.
- Display>Adaptative mode may degrade to Boxes or Pointscloud (default value). This selector is global for all RC objects.
- Improved behaviour of A2S Generator>Evenly segments on Free mode.
Fixed stability issues with Thea Render/Corona Render/VRay RT.
Fixed geometry issues with clipping area when scene units is meters.
Fixed rare "Display limit exceeded" error with scale mode.
Fixed geometry errors using bevels and negative Y segment offsets.
Fixed crash on Conditional operator using "Material ID>Multiple of".
Fixed geometry differences between viewport and render when using high values of Segment>Transform.
Fixed crash turning on Generator>Reverse without a spline assigned.
Fixed bug that would change random values when editing a style.
Fixed: Display>Render settings were ignored with certain render engines.
Fixed error loading scenes which has been saved in computers without RailClone installed.
Fixed geometry error on A2S Generator using Spline Y and X Rotation.
Evenly rule doesn't modify type of line (Curve/Line) in the spline.
Arithmetic>Expression>XVertexAngle and XVertexAngle functions were switched.
Fixed geometry errors using bevels on closed splines.
Materials are properly displayed in the viewport when assigning library styles.
Fixed: Style Editor may disappear on certain multimonitor configurations.
A2S Generator>Clipping Area>Projection is forced to Z when using "Extend X/Y Size to Area".
Fixed rendering issue with VRay RT.
Fixed: closing Style Editor on dual monitors configurations would generate a rightclick event.
"Fixed Size" feature works properly with all alignment modes.
Fixed error of Conditional operator using "Multiple Of" and certain values (2.3.0b error).
- Fixed: "Fillet Radius" modifies material ID on closed splines.
Fixed: Display->Build->Auto is ignored when modifying segments.
Fixed rare bug of "Flatten Stepped" with mirrored End segments
- Over 75 new styles:
- Entourage and Props->Shelving and Storage
- Entourage and Props->Crowd Control
- Library scheme has been reorganized to include the new and future styles.
New features and changes:
- Array generator is available in RailClone Lite.
- Added support for V-Ray 3.0 and Thea Render.
- New Parameter node: Random number.
- Added General->Stats information window.
- Added Segment->UV Mapping->Rotation.
- New Default mode: Count, allows to define a fixed number of segments.
- Linear 1S Generator can be built without a spline, setting X Size parameter.
- Added Style->Geometry->Free Object. When enabled, RailClone doesn't use the spline's position, only its shape. Use it to move RC freely along the scene (without the spline), or to create instanced objects.
- Added up/down arrows to Base Objects/Parameters lists.
- Added icons and shortcuts for Enable (Ctrl+E), Disable (Ctrl+D), Expand (Ctrl+X) and Collapse (Ctrl+L) actions.
- Renamed exported parameters of Transform operator to match with Segment ones.
- Fixed error that would generate misaligned segments on render.
- Fixed error using geometric shader and mirrored segments.
- Constant parameters are affected by Geometry->Global scale.
- Fixed: Compose operator works properly with Default->Scale mode.
- Fixed: Material Sequence operator was adding +1 to the ID value.
- Fixed: Segment->Flat Top/Bottom controls are disabled if Bend is off.
- Fixed alignment of initial segment when using Vertical or Stepped mode.
- Fixed: some arithmetic expressions are evaluated as integer values.
- Fixed Randomize operator with nested RC objects.
- Fixed Region Clipping using nested splines on specific viewport aligments.
- Fixed several bugs with Segment->Mapping.
- Fixed alignment issues with certain Y Splines on arrays.
- Fixed potential crash on Max exit.
- Fixed crash when Style Editor close if there are nodes selected.
- Fixed crash cloning Mirror nodes.
- Fixed: length of Left Padding on empty segments is double as intended. Note: to keep compatibility with existing scenes, this fix is applied only in styles created with v.2.2 or above.
- Fixed error in Scale mode when using Bevels and Fillet Radius.
- Fixed alignment error when using Scale mode and Bevels.
- Fixed potential lockup on scene save.
- Added support for VRay 3.05.03 beta.
- Fixed crash on Style Editor when using Parameter->Constant operators.
- Animated segments are properly updated with Display->Geometry shader is off.
- Animated Parameters and Base Objects are visible in the Track View.
- Fixed: Transform Operator was applying global scale twice.
- New algorithm for no-Bend Segments was not working as intended. Reverted to 2.0.4 version.
- Style Editor is now integrated within Max. Stay-on-top is not longer needed, all connection issues should be solved.
- Added Selector operator: selects a Segment according to an index.
- Added Transform operator: transform and modify properties a segment (alignment, padding, scale, etc.)
- Added expressions to Arithmetic operator.
- Added contextual creation menu (using right click->Add or dragging links).
- New subtype of Numeric parameter: Boolean (returns 0-1).
- Most of nodes can be turned off (clicking checkbox at right top corner when is selected, or by right click contextual menu). Each node has a specific behaviour when is off.
- Generator->On field is not longer needed and has been removed.
- Alt+Click selects a node and its childrens.
- Added Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V shortcuts for Copy / Paste actions.
- Allowed zoom over 100%. Set zoom limit at Options->Preferences.
- Added Options->Preferences->Rename Segments when Reload (on/off).
- Added Options->Preferences->Show Warning Messages (on/off).
- Exported parameters are highlighted in red color.
- Improved undo/redo.
- Fixed limits of several parameters.
- Fixed: Segments can be connected to exported parameters.
- Delete key doesn't remove items anymore, when used from Style Editor controls.
- Spline node is updated in the Style Editor when assigned from Base Objects and viceversa.
- Spline can be cleared from Style Editor using context menu->Clear.
- Fixed potential crashing issue picking objects from Style Editor.
- Fixed limits of exported parameters.
- Material Operator->From/To parameters can be exported.
New features and changes:
- Added support for VRay 3.0 beta.
- New parameter: Style->Geometry->Simple Y Offset mode.
- RailClone uses a sophisticated algorithm to compute Y Offset paths, but it some cases it would not generate a correct result.
- We have included an alternative simpler mode that could solve these cases. Enable it if you get distorted geometry when using Y Offset.
- Added Adaptive mode for Generator->Rules->Default. Bevels are not allowed on this mode.
- Added Adaptive mode for Generator->Rules->Evenly.
- Added Vertical Top/Bottom for Segment->Stepped mode. It works similar to Flat Top/Bottom for Vertical mode.
- Added A2S Generator->Clipping area->Extend X/Y Size to Area->Expand.
- Improved precision for alignment of segments with Bend off.
- RailClone Tools sets Octane "Movable Proxy" property to the instanced items.
- Display->Render->"VRay/Mental Ray shader" renamed to "Use Geometry Shader".
- Animated Segments are properly updated.
- Fixed Conditional->Y Counter when usign Y Evenly.
- Fixed several geometry issues with Generator->Limit by ID.
- Array Generator using Free mode works correctly with negative Y Size values.
- Randomize Operator works properly with Start/End/Left Side/Right Side.
- Randomize->Percentage is limited to 0-100.
- Fixed Y Offset issues with closed splines.
- Generator->Default->Scale handles correctly Composed segments.
- Fixed Y Sequence operator when used with Evenly/Corner.
- Fixed bug with no-slice segments and paddings.
- Fixed right menu on Library Browser when there are not items selected.
- Several presets has been fixed or improved (handrails, ducting).
- Copy/Paste now works between RailClone objects.
- Fixed potential lockup saving large scenes when editor is open.
- Fixed: Right click on spinners resets to wrong values.
- Fixed: Segment->Rotation to more than one axis generates squeezed objects.
- Fixed: Parameters limits are not properly updated in the Max rollout.
- Library: Fixed alignement of Civil Engineering->Curb elements.
n this update, the plugin has been rewritten from scratch, introducing significate improvements over RailClone 1.x. These are only a few of them:
- Graphical Style Editor.
- Multiple Generators by object.
- Array generators, based on two splines or dimensions.
- Multiple Base Objects (splines) by object.
- Node Operators: Sequence, Randomize, Mirror, Arithmetic and others.
- Selectable segments according to spline properties, using Conditional operator.
- Segments by spline's material ID, using Generator->Limits or Conditional operator.
- Random material mode is much more flexible, using the Material operator.
- Area Clipping (include and exclude), using closed splines.
- New display mode: Points-cloud.
- Exported Parameters, lets you to parametrize models much more easily.
- Added Stadium seats to the Library (Bleachers category).
- Library items are improved for 2.x new features.
- Added support for Max 2014.